Biological, Chemical, and Vivarium Containment Projects
Page/SST Planners is the lab planner on numerous current containment projects. This list is representative of our experience with CDC/NIH, Department of Defense, The American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, and USDA Biosafety Levels (ACL, BSL, and ABSL) 1 to 3 in laboratory and vivarium facilities having bio-containment and chem-containment requirements. In addition, we are currently engaged on several projects using BSL3+ (enhanced) safety criteria.
ABSL2 Holding Room with Ventilated Racks
Selected Higher Education Projects
- University of Texas Health Sciences Center - Houston: Two projects completed programming and planning for several hundred thousand gsf of BSL3 Labs and Barrier Vivarium facilities.
- Johns Hopkins University and NIH: Programming for a 550,000 gsf Research Center that includes BSL3 Labs and Barrier Vivarium facilities.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Programming for a 400,000 gsf research facility that will contain an ABSL 3 Barrier Vivarium.
- The College of William & Mary, Virginia Institute of Marine Science: Planning Study for an expansion facility that will include a BSL3 Salt Water (Pfiesteria) Suite.
- University of Maryland, Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology (CARB): Laboratory programming and planning for a new 150,000 gsf facility that will include ABSL2 and ABSL3 small animal and insect facilities.
- University of Virginia, School of Medicine, Health Sciences Center: Laboratory programming and planning for a mutiphased facility (over 300,000 gsf) that includes BSL2 and BSL3 Laboratories, as well as Barrier and ABSL3+ Vivarium facility.
- West Virginia University, Bio-Medical Research Facility, Vivarium Renovation: Programming and planning for a completely renovated vivarium that includes small animal Barrier facility.
Selected Corporate/Private Projects
- Confidential Pharmaceutical Client, MA: Programming for a 70,000 gsf vivarium that includes a BSL3 suite.
- Confidential Pharmaceutical Client, RTP: Programming for a toxicology facility that contains BSL2 and BSL3 facilities.
- Confidential Pharmaceutical Client, NY: Planning for a 330,000 gsf facility that includes an ABSL3 suite capable of being upgraded to BSL4.
Zebra Fish Facility
Selected Government Projects
- Department of Defense, Edgewood Chemical and Biological Center, Aberdeen MD: Programming and Planning for 25,000 gsf Sample Receipt Facility with Biological and Chemical containment facilities ranging from BSL2 to BSL3+.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta and Chamblee: Numerous projects that contain both Biological and Chemical containment facilities ranging from BSL2 to BSL3+.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Page/SST Planners is a contributing author to the CDC's Space Standards for Laboratories with a focus on BSL2 and BSL3 facilities.
- National Institutes of Health, Bethesda: Numerous projects that contain Biological and Vivarium containment facilities ranging from BSL2 to ABSL3.
- National Institutes of Health: Contributing author to the original NIH Design Guidelines and Policies for Vivarium and Laboratory Design.
- USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS): On-going tasks in a Nationwide Task Order Contract for Agriculture related research laboratory facilities. Current and recently completed projects are located in Wisconsin and Montana.
- Pennsylvania Department of General Services (DGS), Biosafety Level 3 Facility, Harrisburg, PA: An ABSL2-3+ facility for conducting large animal evaluations and necropsies.